Monday 4 June 2007

BOOKSHELF CORNER

Starting by March 2008, Amde's Books are handled by MPH as distributor while certain titles are under Gerakbudaya Publisher Kuala lumpur

Both titles: I Beg To Differ & The Mystic of Borneo are going for 2nd Print. Thank you folks

All are now available at local Bookshops in three versions:
International edition by Bookstand Publishing
Malaysia edition by Borneo Publishers & Hard Cover


The Mystic of Borneo- published in two editions. International edition was by Bookstand Publishing, CA., September 2007, and Malaysia edition by Borneo Publisher, published in October 2007.
Its about Kadayan ethnic in Borneo. Who are Kadayan? Where are they mostly found...what are being discovered by the writer... Number of pages: 145. ISBN 978-1-58909-466-6. Price RM30.00

Available in Bahasa as Mistik Borneo published by Borneo Publishers. ISBN Perpustakaan Negera Malaysia 978-983-41768-0-8 Pages: 145. Price RM30.00 per copy

What the Readers say...

*Very important job highlighting the richness of our knowledge on the local history of Borneo Malaysia-Professor Dr Danny Wong- Historian


*Hi, congratulation! Great effort! I have read all your books; this one is very informative-Juprin W Adamal (Senior Counsellor at Sabah AG)

*Hi daddy, I finished reading I Beg to Differ. Its great compilation, another great read, just some typos, some sentences do not sound right-Emieldza Amde

*I’ve just finished reading The Mystic of Borneo. I thoroughly enjoyed it, more so because I can recall things you have told me before. It is a great book, the picture of nenek. Your humour brings out the book alive just like your blogs. My friend /colleague Amelia from Sarawak has read sum of our blogs and loves. She also decided to keep the cut out of you of your book review I Beg To Differ-she is 100% in support with you- you fan based is increasing and feel proud to be east Malaysian. I am looking forward to read the other book tomorrow. I love your writing style. Great read.

*I like the way it has statistical info with story line, witty remarks, and a personal touch-Mi

*It’s informative and I believe this book is here to stay, as it will be a point of reference for years to come. I enjoy reading it-Girl

*I have bought your book, found it very informative. Congratulation… we are very proud of you-Ramli Zakaria

*First impression- Proud. Internationally readable- Mahmud Hj Osman

*After reading the Kadayan, what strikes me is the need to keep the Kadayan vocabulary alive. I saw your brother is doing something in the webpage. Need to compile it into a body-dictionary-Jerry Moot

*Id be interested to read all your books are they available in KK by now, can we meet when you free?-Richard Jayasuria

*I have to call you on behalf of my besan, he thoroughly enjoyed reading I Beg To Differ and you have great mind he said. Congratulation. Write more- Haji MOH

*I love your writings, I have all your books and proud to have them in my collection.Thank you-MAZ

*I'm proud to have a friend and to be associated with- whose mind so greatly needed-Daimin Sulukan

*This is my first experience, real life that real writer giving me two books signed in front of me for me. I thank you...thank you I am so proud. MOT

*

Dear Abang Amde,

Just received the book. At a glance, the pic of tua sidik caught my attention - actually put tears in my eyes. Looking at his pic was like looking at a pic of bapa. Cant wait to read it.


Thanks a lot.


Rossita Shapawi


more...

Pick of the Week
click the page to read
Reviewed by Daily Express -September 8th, 2007

I Beg To Differ published in July 2007.
A collection of some of published materials from his guest column Daily Express- some from his earlier blogs, whilst the rest are new. It has two chapters, one devoted to illegal immigrants in Sabah, the other is on what politicians do in politic in Sabah and in Malaysia in general. Published by Bookstand Publishing. ISBN 978-1-58909-453-6, Pages: 162, Price RM 30. per copy.

Writing from the Tip of Borneo
is his first compilation of articles from his guest column Daily Expres. Published by IUniverse Inc. Lincoln, 2005. ISBN 0-595-32657-9, Pages: 104 . Also vailable in eBook format can be viewed by any search engine.
Books available at Bookstores:
Kota Kinabalu
Iwase Bookstore, Grd Floor, Wisma Merdeka
Borneo Books, Grd & 2nd Floor , Wisma Merdeka
The Penguin Bookstore
(Zenithway), Jalan Pantai
Inforcare Bookshop-3rd Floor, Komplex Karamunsing
Borneo Book Store-Jalan Gaya
Kuching
Jantayu Buku
Grd Floor Jalan Haji Taha, Kuching
Kuala Lumpur
MPH-
Mid Valley & 1 Utama
....other bookstores will follow.
Buy on line locally only RM25.00

Conttact : catmas 0168378454 or 0168362006
email- amcdii@gmail.com

Or international on line bookstores:

. Branes & Noble.com. Amazon.com. Booksmillion.com. Campus.com
Also available in ebook format
...more Launching of the books to be announced soon

International Seminars on Ethnics of Borneo

April 2008

Ethnics Without Borders

UMS
UKM
Australia
Indonesia
Sabah Society

On discussion: Banjarese, Tidung, Dayak, Lundayeh, Kadayan, Bisaya, etc

Meet the Author
Kuching-
Jantayu Buku, Jalan Hj Taha
Date: 26th August, Time: 12-1230pm

Labuan,
KL
@MPH-MidValley & 1 Utama


http://www.malaysiakini.com/_speed/en/images/logo.gif
Amde Sidik
Mar 10, 05 11:13am

Leaders and personalities from around the world meeting this week in the Spanish capital will attempt to agree on a global definition of the word ”terrorism” and recommend measures on how to fight it.

The International Summit on Democracy, Terrorism and Security organised by the Club of Madrid is bringing together some 200 experts and political leaders, including heads of state and former presidents, Tuesday through Friday.

The Club of Madrid, whose members include 50 former heads of state and government, describes itself as an independent organisation dedicated to fomenting and strengthening democracy around the world.

Accepted definition
‘Open’ political systems



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, try to make u blog interctive. maybe u can link with local news, book publisher, aljazeera, malaysia kini. u can go to layout n choose new page elemet. U will see the lists of items u may need to add to you blog.

Anonymous said...

Ya I bought one from branes & noble very reliable save my parking fees