Sunday 9 September 2007

True or not true?



By AS

Political gossip is not something you can avoid hearing these days.

I don’t really know why on this particular Saturday night, I received several sms. The senders wanted to confirm with me if I knew that this particular rumour is true. By the way, what is rumour? It is an unverified statement or assertion. Once it is true it is no longer rumour- let you know the contents in a minute, but, the second part of the query, they wanted to know my view. Crazy.

Come to think about the second one, who am I? I just don’t think my view is of any merit. But somehow I thank these people who somehow have high regard of my view or on me, as I am. They were not kidding they were all serious people, even if I say I don’t know anything, they take it that I ought to have inkling on the subject.

Well, I am not used to manufacturing rumours and gossip for this blog, so if this rumour is rumour then I have to let you think of the rational why such rumour was created in this manner.

These people were saying that Tan Sri Chong Kah Kiat –TSC is joining Parti Keadilan Rakyat, in short Keadilan or PKR-an opposition political party, isn't it? To some of us this is news, while to another its pure rumour. If you ask me whether it is true or false one has to ask TSC. At this stage, if the answer is given by someone else other than him- TSC, we come back to square one. Rumour.

But today- Sunday, I was accompanying my wife looking for young durian and rambutan trees at Gaya Street. As soon as I managed to park my car, and from a distant, I saw a familiar face-Datuk (…) I couldn’t avoid but to say good morning and salam. It was just last night- the fateful Saturday night, one sms telling me that this Datuk was to contact me for verification. But I didn’t take it seriously.

This Datuk said to me, if there is one politician to have any weight, and has political gut at the moment, it is TSC. If he moves we would likely to see a good repeat as was during USNO, BERJAYA and PBS. In other words, 'people' leave the party to another party-to sum up; we already have three sinking ships in the making, he said.

So I asked how sure he was. Well he said “I have been with him for nearly two hours last night” meaning he was with TSC.

My meeting and talking with this Datuk on this Gaya Street tamu was true, but whether Datuk I met at Gaya Street knew what is in TSC's mind is another or what he told me was his pure opinion. Thus I would say, it is still better to ask Tan Sri CKK.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he a beleivable datuk?