Tuesday 20 November 2007

Are we that stupid?


By Amdee Sidik

Following the last post, a friend asked, if I have finished saying it or writing of what I think about our Malaysian Information Minister –Zainuddin Maidin.

My reply, “surely not” it is not my idea to nail him, but it is just because of my concern about the image of Malaysians as a whole. Because of him, we all look stupid in the eyes of foreign countries. Yet we talk so much of achieving the wawasan 2020 to be a developed nation equating ourselves as those of superpower or partly because… we been to ISS? Yet, we keep on comparing our nation, by saying ours is better than Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam alike, see what I mean?

The portrayal of our cabinet minister, the so-called representing the government, indirectly represents Malaysians, and in many occasions was so pathetic and seen so amateurish as if the government is his Sdn Bhd and we people mutters are nutters.

However, to my amazement looking at one blog belongs to a politician, is exactly like what I have saying many times. A parrot belongs to Long John Silver –in Qatar, parrots are used to clean up the high raise buildings- of course this is beside the point.

What I am saying is the particular politician whose blog was supporting whole-heartedly what the Information Minister was saying. Bloggers in the internet are telling lies. Bloggers are tarnishing the government’s good image. Bloggers should be banned, so on and so forth.

Is this not too naive? I would want him to study, read more, try analyzing things with open mind, mix around more not just with yes man but also with no man-get the jest of it, you may find that you are not the cleverest man on earth after all.

You see if only there are venues out side (print media) that prepared to print what ordinary citizens feel and think surely blogging in the internet becomes less significant, but in our country, this is the only media. Much argument in the blogs is not only entertaining but also equally educational. In my case, I do not need politicians to filter for me what I should and should not read. Moreover, I believe very strongly Malaysians who surf in the internet as well as bloggers are good enough to make judgment for themselves. They surely are capable to make judgment whether New Strait Time, Rockets, Harakah and blaa... blaa are worth reading.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this what the people say first class infrastructure but third class mentality... he hasn't got superior mentality