Thursday 30 August 2007

Happy Merdeka Day



The Taste of Merdeka

By Milo

We have done 44 years the taste of Malaysia Merdeka. That is what in as far as we know the duration to this minute. Any one likes changing the fact to his or her fancy is only lying to himself or herself.

We are thankful to Almighty and thankful to everyone of us. Without the us Malaysians, we wouldn’t be as we are.

We want to continue progressing. But we must also not stop pondering and evaluating our achievements. The extent. What made our proudest moment in this country and what caused the saddest moment if any. Are we sharing with many. What are those we are sharing, and who are we sharing with, everybody or only with selfish and greedy few?

More to it, just look back a moment, the most recent, how fast have we moved in the last five years. What are the things that move fast or slow or are there things never move or are there things reverting to the olden days.

I don’t want to see and I don't want to do things that make life more difficult when it supposed to be made easier.

As I sip my first taste of Nescafe the sign of growing up, I would say, and as long as my dad says OK, I have full confident that things are going right especially in a special day today-Malaysia Day. I can now start thinking what else Merdeka holds. My tasting of Nescafe today is because my mother only allows me to drink Milo ever since I knew how to hold a cup. I don't really know why, may be because Milo is made from Malaysian cocoa. But I am growing up mum...


By B.C. Somoja

A friend of mine saw a sign board when she was in Korea recently. Her friend a native speaker of English language finds it hilarious while others don’t.

“These bloody foreigners are butchering my language” lamented Peter Smith.

She couldn't figure out what exactly is the last line meant?

Can anyone make out of this?


0 comments: